....and then the dead people popped outta the swimming pool
Matt and I were driving out past a cemetery the other day when he made a comment about wasted space. He said he knows it's not socially acceptable to think that way, but that's how he feels. My opposing view was that cemeteries create green spaces that will probably never be used for anything else, unless of course an unscrupulous builder comes along and creates a new housing development.
That statement launched me into a tirade about haunted houses and how the movie 'Poltergeist' really should have been called something else. I yammered on about how a poltergeist is usually associated with an adolescent, usually a girl, and once that child is out of the house then the activity stops. Blah blah blah....limestone under the house has been known, in some cases, intensify the activity. Energy levels this and that. All very scientific, I assure you.
Matt listened to me, amused I'm sure. When I gave him a moment to interject he asked "Who'd you hear this from? Dean or Sam?" (Dean and Sam are the two main characters in that TV show Supernatural, in case some of you didn't know that). Then he proceeded to taunt me about watching that show. In a voice meant to mock me he said something like "I don't know who I love more, Sam or Dean." My response was quick and true "Oh I know EXACTLY who I love more." He replied with "Really?"
"Oh yes! It's no question at all. I very much love one more than the other."
"Ok, ok. I don't want to talk about this any more. New topic now."
I laughed at him.
I didn't get my poltergeist information from that show. That would be silly.
I got it from watching 'Ghost Hunters'. Duh.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home