And one time....

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Most of the gifts I've received as of late have been very beautifully wrapped, but the boxes were empty. What a disappointment. Nothing there, just space. I much prefer to open something full of wonderful suprises, something rich and true and real, something that I've been wanting and waiting for. And I feel I have it now. It's been there for some time, hiding in plain sight. I've been distracted by the pretty, shiny boxes of nothing. I'm tired of opening them so I'll throw them all away now.

I'm coming out of the darkest period in my life. It's probably not that much for some, but for me it's been the inky blackness of a deep sea squid fight. I've been handed a glowstick, then another, and another. It's not a lot of light, but my eyes couldn't handle too much right now anyway. My glowsticks are serving me well. There's light again, even though it's still a small glow. The accumulation of glowsticks will provide me with enough light to find my way out of this dark, cold place. I'm approaching happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home