Sunday, November 27, 2005
Just can't get enough...
I picked up a part-time job, in addition to my full-time job, for the holiday season. I'm working retail, as a cashier. Slave wages, but it's a little extra money for the holidays, and I get to meet lots of interesting people. Today, at work, a woman in her late fourties or early fifties, came through my line. She had a question about an item. It seems she needed adult diapers and we only had one package left in her size on the shelf. She asked if we had any in the back. One of my co-workers did some research really quick to see what we had, and it seemed we didn't have any more. So, she did a little more research to see if any of our stores in the area had any, and unfortunately they were all out of stock too. Now, I'm talking about adult diapers, not some hot new toy or electronics. So, my co-worker reported her findings to the woman, telling her that we may get some in on a truck in the next few days. We just never know what's coming in until it gets here. The customer's response was, "It must be the hot item this season.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home