And one time....

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Saturday, November 19, 2005

I said soul, not sole

I fell down, and skinned my soul. It's getting better, scabbed over nicely. I'm trying not to pick at it, because I don't want the scar to be too noticable. But I'm sure some people will notice no matter how perfectly it heals. Unfortunately, this isn't a new thing for me. It seems that I'm pretty clumsy sometimes. Sometimes it's my fault, and other times I get pushed or shoved.

And sometimes life just picks you up, lifts you high into the air, then throws you down, knocking the wind out of you, kicks you in the stomach and laughs at you. At that point it's up to you as to how you respond. You could just lay there and cry about it. I usually lay still for a little while, assess my situation, then get up and head in a different direction. Crying helps a little, but it doesn't change anything. It's more of a release mechanism than anything else. It serves it's purpose, but you have to do something next. There's always something to do next...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home