And one time....

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Monday, October 24, 2005


Someone once told me that I was important to them. I asked why. This is what that person told me:

"Here's how you're important. I don't keep a lot of friends. What I mean is, I have a fair amount of people around who I get along with and some of them have tried to become friends with me. I'm pretty private and the ones who really know me will say that I'm really easy to get to know but impossible to really know. As a result, I spend time deflecting people and their attempts at a relationship. In my own little unhealthy analogy, I put them in boxes in the back of my truck, drive down the road with the tailgate down, and if they fall off?.......hmm. I box most people. Partly because it's safer than getting messy with them and their lives, but mostly because it's easier. It may make me sound like a horse's ass that my statement is that "you're important because I haven't kicked you away", but remember the source: I hope it doesn't. "

I've carried that around with me for quite some time now. It makes me feel special. I am truely blessed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home