I walked/typed/wandered through the set-up steps, now I don't know what I want to say. I hear the dog whining in the other room. The kids are getting ready to watch Muppet Treasure Island. This office is in a state of chaos, the chaos that you have while in the process of cleaning and rearranging. I just got this new computer. The old, antiquated one is sitting on the old desk. I have a new desk coming next week, hopefully. So for the time being I'm using my bakers rack. It should be in the kitchen - the bakers rack, not the computer - but the kitchen is too small. It doesn't make a good desk, it's a very poor substitute in fact. I want to go get a glass of wine and kick back a bit. But I have to take the kids to the teeny-bopper club later and can't do that after I've been drinking. What's up with this new wine obsession of mine anyways? I have a glass just about every night. Trying new wines all the time, exploring what's out there. Anyway, back to the chaos. You know the chaos I speak of - that state of upheaval you have when nothing is in it's right place because those places are being moved. There are boxes on the floor, stacked against a wall, and a pile of books I plan on selling at Powells on the small bookcase. Other random boxes here and there. The old desk is piled with all sorts of odds and ends. What a mess. I don't like chaos, I don't work well when things are in disarray. It seems to stiffle me, but that's probably just my imagination. So, I'll post this and see what I can do about bringing some sort of order to my surrounding. But it's not likely to happen until that other desk arrives.
ta-ta.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home