Saturday, January 07, 2006
It's all in the accounting
I'm an observer. If all the world is a stage, then I spend most of my time in the audience. I like it there, and I will sit and judge your performance. If you don't know the difference between you're and your then I will assume you are not paying attention, you assume no one else is paying attention, or you're just not that bright. As my daughter's friend would jokingly say "Yeah, that's how I roll!" Anyway, back to my observations. As of late I've noticed some pretty serious attempts that people are making to get their fragile little eogs stroked. It amuses me, but also makes me a bit sad. We all have our insecurities, I know I do. But I would like to think that I've outgrown the need to play silly little games in order to placate those insecurities. So I sit back and do what I enjoy, I watch. I see through excuses for certain behaviors as if they were a sheer fabric covering a sunny window. Why are the ones who you'd think would need this ego gratifying buffoonery the least the same ones who participate in it the most? This isn't junior high school anymore. If you need someone else to give you self worth then you'll never have it. You see, it's sort of like money to some people, the more you get, the more you think you need. Some of us are happy with what we have, and can feel we have enough without needing others to verify it for us. Others need that accountant, that so-called expert, to tell us that our account is full and we can sit back and relax.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home