March 07, 2007 - My question
I've been struggling with the notion of religion or faith or a higher power for as long as I can remember. Well, not really. At one time I believed everything my mom told me without questioning it. Those days are long past. The question I've struggled with can't really be reduced to one simple question. It's more of an analysis of what I've been taught to believe. I was raised Catholic. That itself could lead to it's own tirade, but I'll leave that for another day. Anyway, in my Catholic upbringing and in the teaching of the holy bible we're told to worship God. But why? Because He created us. We're supposed to look to him as our Savior and Divine Father. But what I'm having trouble with is, again, why? Did He create us just for the sole purpose that we should worship him? That doesn't make sense to me. I understand the whole "free will" idea and that it's our choice and all, but again, why? Why would an omnipotent being create a bunch of little creatures that breed like mad-crazy and destroy so much just so they can shout out praises to him? And why should we want to worship such a being? My questions go deeper than this, but this is all I have time for right now. If you have any comments on this please send them forth.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home