And one time....

Saturday, March 07, 2009

April 25, 2008 90th birthday....

My uncle Jim is turning 90, so his wife is throwing him a party on Sunday. He lives in Boise and rather than making my mom drive or fly here alone, Brianna and I decided to drive her here. We arrived yesterday around 5pm or so. We stopped at our hotel room and dropped off our bags, then headed over to Uncle Jim's house. My mom's sister, Marge, was already there. She lives in Colorado, so she flew in yesterday morning.

Both my mom and her sister are devout Catholics. Very devout. My mom is 75rs old, and her sister is about 86, I think. So, yeah, they're getting up there. They're both pretty prim and proper, never swearing, and won't even watch a movie with a stronger rating than G. My uncle, on the other hand, isn't. And from the stories I've heard, he lives to torment his sisters. He can be mean, has a short temper, and does his best to pick on anyone he can. I've only met him once, when I was a small child, so I don't know him, or what to expect from him. Little did I know, he was getting ready for his first shocking statement.

Yesterday, we (My mom, Aunt, Uncle, Aunt-in-law, Brianna, and me) were at my Uncle's house, telling stories of long ago, and discussing various problems with today's society. It was getting to be time to head back out for some dinner and then back to the hotel. Before we left my mom wanted to know what sort of activities were planned for the next few days. She asked, "What's going on this weekend?"

My uncle said, "An orgy!"

Everyone just sat there. Silently. For a few moments. He smiled, very proud of himself, and again said, "An ORGY!".

Yep, this explains a lot for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home