April 14, 2008 An escapee from Winco???
I saw a scary movie at a friend's house last Friday. Then I drove home. I got off the freeway and was sitting at the stoplight at the bottom of the exit ramp, waiting for the light to change so I could make my left-hand turn. It was dark out, and since I had just watched a movie where the evil scary things only came out at night I was a bit on edge. Silly, I know, but you've experienced it too, so don't laugh.
Anyway, to my left, under the freeway overpass, over by where the homeless people hang out, there was a lone shopping cart. Just sitting there. And it creeped me out. Not sure why. It was empty, so I knew there wasn't anything or anyone hiding in it. But still, it was just sitting there, looking like it was up to no good. I'm not sure what sort of evil a shopping cart can do, other then put a few dents in your car, or maybe smack the back of your ankle when your kid is pushing it. This cart was just hanging out, under the overpass, lurking in the dark. Maybe it used to belong to a homeless person and they had a disagreement. Maybe one wheel was stuck and it wouldn't go straight anymore, so it was tossed aside like so much trash. Alone, it waits, in the dark, under the bridge, looking creepy.
I drove by this morning, and it's still there.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home