April 18, 2008 Silliness at the coffee shop!
Brianna and I went to Peet's Coffee and Tea this evening for some Chia teas. As we waited for our drinks we were smelling all the teas they have on display in the little glass jars. Some of them smelled like hay. They didn't smell all that great, I compared them to the smell of a barn or alpacas. Brie found a tea that smelled sort of sweet so she said "Here mom, smell this one. It smells sweet. Not like all the other ones that smell like alpacas." For some reason the way she said it just totally cracked me up, and I laughed so hard I almost peed. I ran off to the bathroom. When I got back she had me smell a chai blend she found, but she shook the bottle up first. This particular chai blend was spiced. So, when she shook it she shook up all the spices and when I took a big snort from the bottle I sucked up all this spice dust. I made a pretty horrific face because it burned the crap out of my nose. So we laughed again. Then Brianna took 2 stir sticks and put them up under her top lip so she'd look like a walrus. I took pictures with her camera phone.
We finally left, much to the satisfaction of the store employees. As we walked to the car Brianna said "Mom, look in the passenger seat of the car next to ours." I looked and saw a woman sitting there. Then I looked back at Brianna with questioning expression. She had an odd expression on her face and she quickly said "Never mind." I was unsure why, but I figured she thought she had seen something other than that woman. So I started to laugh as I flopped into the drivers seat of our car. I looked over at her through the passenger window and she was bent over with tea dripping out of her mouth, laughing. She finally opened the door and at that point I was laughing retard style - you know that ridiculously stupid sort of laugh that happens when something is so funny you lose control, yeah, like that. She sat down in the car and we tried to speak, but could only make strange noises at each other. Finally I was able to ask her what she thought she saw. She said the lady had her head down when Brianna first looked at her and she looked like a black shaggy cute dog.
Must have been all the tea snorting that made us loopy, but it was damn funny!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home