February 14, 2008 Valentine’s Day losers...
I've spent the last 7 days working in a call center, placing orders with florists. It's sad how many people wait until the very last minute to order flowers for Valentine's Day, but we were still getting calls at 2:30 this afternoon. Yeah, right! Like THAT'S going to happen.
There were some rather strange messages going out with the flower orders for V Day. A few that stuck in my mind were:
"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love you so much... P.S. Red outfit tonight Please!"
Card that accompanied 2 dozen red roses: "Now will you do that thing I asked?"
Card that accompanied a single rose: "It's more than you deserve."
And I saw one order for a woman who sent roses to herself. The card said something like: "You are the best wife and mother I could have ever hoped for." Why isn't her husband sending those? Or is she trying to make some guy in her office jealous? So sad...
Bwahahahaha!! People are so interesting! I'd love to see the reactions on the faces of the women who got those arrangements.
And from what I understand the day after Valentine's Day is the worst - for the people in the call center that is. Everyone whose order didn't go out because they either waited too long to place it or we couldn't find a florist that would take it calls back to complain. It's amazing how not getting flowers delivered to someone's wife on time leads to so many divorces - according to those men who call in on February 15th. Maybe there's an underlying problem, yes? Hmmmm....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home