And one time....

Saturday, March 07, 2009

April 30, 2008 I think I need a sick day....

I found my first gray hair today. I've found hairs before that could be gray or could be blond, so I would just decide they were blond, and everything would be fine. But today there was no question, it was gray. I, of course, immediately removed the offending strand and promptly tossed it. But, I know it was there and I'm doing my best to deal with the situation.

So, I've decided I'll probably have to make some changes in my life. First off, I'll have to go buy a bottle of Geritol. Then, I'll start eating dinner earlier, working my way towards the 4pm hour. And I'm sure I'll have to go walker shopping some time down the road. Depends are probably in my near future, as well as reading glasses and really ugly shoes for my bunions. I don't have to worry about installing rails in my bathroom because the previous owners of my house were elderly and had them put in. So, that's one thing I don't have to worry about, which is good since I'm sure my mental faculties will be going down hill. I'll have to trade my big, wild dogs in for little yappy lap dogs with stupid ribbons on their ears and names like Muffin or Pepper. And I have to buy a house coat and some non-slip slippers, so I don't fall and break my hip.

Wow....it's a lot of work getting old. I'm gonna have to make a list of all these things. It's amazing how much upheaval one little gray hair can cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home